Jamie's 20 Minute Meals








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

**This is mainly the original review that has been voted most helpful critical with the addition of the actual review and better rating and updated information.** The original is listed below, after the update.**



**Update** It seems that people have figured out a work around to get this app working correctly on most phones and testing it on my Thunderbolt apparently it works. Although my Transformer still "Force Closes" when tying to view videos and accessing some recipes. So, that aside, here's a proper quick review.



The proper rating for this app should be 5 stars, obviously if not for the technical issues it would be a 5 star as I think this has some real life value to it. Not only do you get seemingly great recipes but you also recieve lessons on what kind of equipment to use, how to use it, methods to improve your cooking, and more efficient ways of doing things.



But any app that requires a work around to work properly is a ratings fiasco waiting to happen. This is much better than a 3 star but for the time and energy that appears to have gone into this, they should have tested a little better.



But overall, I like the app, first impressions usually are everything, however, in this case, if you are one of the many that had/has this issue and rated this 1-star, try the workaround, once it's working, you can properly review it and maybe learn something. I know I did.



As far as the expense, well, for an app it seems expensive, especially for having 61 recipes or so(when the iCookbook is $5 for 2000 recipes), but the other things included in it, I'd say it's not horribly overpriced. A lot of production went into this as well, so I won't knock it too much. If you are looking not only for a few quick recipes but tips on how to improve your cooking experience all around you wont be disappointed.



That's my opinion, glad my previous review could help you guys and that others posted workarounds and such. Hopefully my update adds to the conversation.

**END UPDATE**



**Original review begins now**



I see a one star s----storm coming so I decided to write this temporary review as a warning, apparently someone, Amazon or the dev, screwed up the DRM/licensing module or something on this app so that most phones are Force Closing after a few seconds, some showing a licensing error others just force closing.



I've tried to test on 5 devices (Thunderbolt, Transformer, Galaxy S, Droid 2, Droid X) (We Heart Android!) and had the same results on all of them. Usually I don't write negative reviews because of stuff like this but this time a lot of people are going to flatten this otherwise decent looking app to the ground (most will never change their initial rating as promised). Which could really discourage this developer from developing for Android or submitting future apps for FAOTD. I don't want to see that, you don't want to see that.



I will properly write this review when it can be tested but for all you FAOD users, I figured Id warn you.

So download the app, if it doesn't work, they will fix it. But please report the problem.



If enough people report this issue rather than rate one star and leave it, Amazon may pull it and bring it back once it's fixed before Jamie Oliver starts getting a bunch of mad, crazy, Amazon Android Free App of The Day user hate mail and/or visits to his home or show. Talk about drama.



TL;DR: This app Force Closes on a lot of phones, but there is a workaround that fixes it, not for the Transformer, but most phones. It's a great app that while expensive covers much more than just recipes and for amateur cooks will likely improve your cooking. I would buy it and be happy with it, if anything because I can cook, but theres always room for improvement and I like these apps, even though I'm a guy.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Android © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top