Plague Inc.








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

There are, of course, tons of game apps out there and most seem geared to a relatively shallow, pick-up-and-play mindset. There's nothing wrong with that, but I was looking for something with a bit more depth. Angry Birds and Cut the Rope, et al, are fun, but I can only play them in short stints.



Based on positive reviews I decided to give Plague Inc. a try, and after downloading it I played for about 5 hours nonstop.



If you can get past the creepy concept that you're trying to wipe out humanity, (which, c'mon, you can do it, it's just a game) this game hits a very sweet spot in that it's easy to learn, but has plenty of depth to add variety to each game. Plus, there are 5 (or more?) plague types. You start with Bacterial, then once you win a game on Normal difficulty you unlock Viral. I haven't beaten Viral yet because my hosts die before the infection can spread! I like that - it's this sort of detail that can make or break a game.



Now, you can spend a bunch more money to unlock things, but the game says you can unlock everything just by playing. I think it would cost something close to $20 to instantly buy everything. I DID pay an extra $.99 to unlock a gene (or whatever) where I get extra DNA when popping a blue "cure" bubble. Later in a game when the DNA is hard to come by, this has been helpful - I think it's 2-3 points per bubble, so it's not like it makes the game too easy, just helps a little bit.



Anyway, if you're looking for something with more depth, this game is a ton of fun. I'm going to keep an eye on this developer.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Android © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top