Grand Theft Auto: Vice City








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

I've only played this app for a bit so far, but so far it is classic Grand Theft Auto (GTA). I've only played GTAIII and GTAIV (and plan to play GTAV), and GTA Vice City is more similar to GTAIII than GTAIV. After having gotten used to playing GTAIV, I realized how big of a change GTAIV was compared to its predecessors.

Other than noticing that, the only other thing I noticed (and the reason I am writing this review) is that they switch how you control your person when you enter a car. When you are outside of a car, you control your movement via a circle similar to a joystick on the PS3 remote in the lower left hand of the screen. When you get in a car, it switches to just a right and left arrow key, which in my opinion is more difficult to control than the joystick-like circle. I do not understand why they did not keep the circle for driving vehicles, and think it would have improved the game if they did. Obviously, the circle is not 100% perfect, either, but one cannot expect using an app to be the same as playing a PS3 game, but I still feel the circle while driving vehicles would be a major improvement.

So that is why I docked 0.25 star. Other than that, so far it would have earned 5 stars. A great GTA app that is about as close as you'll get to having the PS3 on a tablet, and as I said in the title, now you can play GTA on the go! And for only $4.99!



UPDATE:

Just noticed that if you go to Options -> Controls, you can change "Use Analog Steering" from "Off" to "On", which then changes the driving from the arrow keys to an analog stick like the PS3 controllers have, which takes care of my one complaint mentioned before.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Android © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top