Kung Fu Panda Holiday








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

My 3 year old toddler is fond of Kung Fu Panda (rates somewhere between Monster's Inc and Little Mermaid), and really enjoys having books read to him. Imagine my delight when the free android app for the Fire was this Kung Fu Panda story.



When we read this book, I hadn't realized it was based upon a holiday special. That helps explain how they got the actual voice talent of Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman, and the original rendered art.



Pro:

+ High-quality story, pictures, and voice

+ The interface was intuitive for my toddler, who enjoyed moving to the next page

+ Held my son's attention for the full story (10-15 minutes) despite him normally having an attention span of about 5 minutes for a single book.



Con:

- The story was only OK for me as an adult, which surprised me because I loved kung fu panda 1 & 2. I wonder if I'd feel the same about the holiday special?

- I was a little disappointed they didn't have Po's Dad's actual voice other than whimpering, given that they had Jack Black & Dustin Hoffman

- For long dialog on a given page, the text is shown and colored, then removed, and the next text shown and colored. This confused my son a bit, though I understand the technical choice behind it.



I think my son is about the ideal age for this story book: Toddler or just past being a toddler.



It's quite good overall, five stars from my son's point of view, but four from mine, and I'm the one writing the review :)

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Android © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top